Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Is Microsoft Getting Better at Interfaces?

Apple gets all the press over good interfaces. Linux/Unix gets all the grief over bad (read command line, not as good as Windows, etc.). I've got a Microsoft Smartphone (Audiovox SMT5600) and it's got a GREAT interface. As a previous PocketPC user, I was worried but it's really nice. MUCH better than the Nokia and Motorola phones I've owned before. I understand that that the Windows Mobile 5 interface for phones is even better.

Additionally, we just bought a Gateway PC running Windows XP Media Center Edition. The interface is terrific! Much better than our Scientific Atlanta DVR from Brighthouse. The interface is just gorgeous and extremely functional. The blue and green Windows look on the big screen is great! This "10 foot interface" is really nice!

I think MS has made some big strides in their interfaces that they don't get credit for.

No comments: