Saturday, July 08, 2006

Alaska or Bust

We’re off to Alaska on the Holland America cruise ship Oosterdam. I’m sitting on the veranda as I write this watching the hills near Seattle go by. The ship has wireless Internet in the public lounges so I’ll be able to post throughout the trip and upload some pictures. The space needle is about to drift out of view to my right. As we boarded today we could see Mt. Rainier in the background, its base shrouded in mist. The mountain looked like it was floating.

The weather is beautiful. The ship’s motion creates a breeze and the temperature is starting to drop. I had forgotten how much I like ships and the sea. I’m relaxing already. The kids are having fun and Dara is finally starting to relax too. We did manage to arrange for connecting cabins so, for just a few moments, all is right with the world.

No comments: