Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Can Your PC Do This? And Would You?

I continue to be amazed at how well the Q1 travels. Our local fireworks were last night, the 3rd, and the city swells by about a 100,000 people for the fireworks. Traffic is a mess. The family went down early to get a good spot. I came home from work, changed, threw the Q1 in a backpack and biked down to the fireworks. Travel time, about 8 minutes.



So why did I want the Q1 at a fireworks show? You have to be there VERY early. My 2 year old niece was fidgety and a few minutes with Finding Nemo did the trick. She left a lot of fingerprints, but it worked. I would never have brought a traditional laptop, not even my light Dell.



Interestingly, some cousins who are college kids and Mac people were with us too. The Q1 is equally good at enteraining 2 year olds and 20 year olds. They loved the form factor and were surprised at how good the handwriting recognition was. The Q1 got high praise from Mac fanatics! Quick, call the pastor and ask him to check if Hell has frozen over. Since people keep wanting to see this thing, I guess I'm going to have to come up with a little demo like Marc Orchant has. I'm on the road again today with Binky the Q1. We're going to visit Dara's grandparents and I have some work I have to do if I'm going to head for vacation on Friday.



No comments: