Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Importance of Diet Mt. Dew

The Importance of Diet Mt. Dew

Our ship has as very European feel to it. All the soft drinks are served from a can with ice. Nothing is cold. So, when we hit Juneau, I went in search of a Diet Mt. Dew. I found one pretty easily, proving that Alaska is not part of the third world, but a thoroughly modern destination. I know, you think clean water, a stable government and a prosperous middle class are the critical to be a first world country. Not so. Having an infrastructure robust enough to support the transportation and sale of Mt. Dew is an important indicator of a strong supply chain. Coke doesn’t count. You can find a Coke in the darkest jungles of Africa. Did you miss the movie “the Gods Must Be Crazy”? MT. Dew, and especially Diet Mt. Dew is more important. I have found Diet Mt. Dew in the deepest backwoods of Mississippi. I’ve found it in Alaska and in the Caribbean. I’m pretty sure you won’t find it in France, thus proving my point.

No comments: