Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hampton Inn - Pick Your Room

At Hampton Inn, if you have silver or better status you can actually pick your room via the web prior to check in. Not a bad idea but the implementation still has problems (say it with me, it's all about execution!).

Picking your room works fine but the hotels don't have a map on the web of the room locations. So if I want a room away from from the elevator and ice maker noise, I have no idea if the room I pick fits that criteria or not. All you get is a room number. You can make a guess about which floor it's on based on the room number but that's about it.

It's a good start Hampton Inn but it's needs a little work.

Also, my one big complaint, why is desk at Hampton Inn always facing away from the TV? They generally face the TV at Courtyards.

No comments: