Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Rental Car Reviews

I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I rent cars at least once a week for work and it gives me a chance to drive a lot of different cars in typical conditions (traffic, distance, etc.) so I thought that I would start to review the cars I rent.

As a baseline, my wife drives a Chevy Trailblazer and at home I drive a Lincoln LS V8. My next car will be a Mini Cooper S but since my car spends more time parked at the airport than in my driveway I can't do that to a Mini.

I'm currently refusing PT Cruisers and HHR's. They both just suck and I've gotten enough Mustangs as upgrades to I know that I don't like them. My first car was a 1973 Mustang so if you like Mustangs don't give me any grief. Just go back to fixing yours in the driveway.

I generally rent from Avis, with Budget as a backup. I flirt with Hertz until I see their prices and got burned so badly by Alamo a few years ago that I still won't go near them. But this isn't about the rental car companies, it's about the cars.

No comments: