Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nice Things About Delta

If you are sensitive, be careful. I'm going to say nice things about Delta, the airline, not the faucet. I give Delta an awful lot of grief and deservedly so, but when they get something right, I want to talk about that too.

Last Friday, Delta/ASA canceled my flight and I was trying to get home to get an hour or so with a client who is on the way home from the airport. The gate agent point out that an earlier flight was running late and hadn't left yet. She booked me as a standby on that flight and set me up for an earlier flight home. All the pieces worked and they all worked without dropping me from a first class upgrade on the second flight. So to the all the Delta agents in Greensboro, NC., Thank You!

I made it to the client an hour earlier than expected and got home to the family earlier too.

Today, they managed to squeeze me out of my middle exit row seat and into an aisle seat in first class. I was the last upgrade, it was an evening flight and I was very grateful. So another big thank you to the gate agents for Delta flight 1033 out of Orlando on Sunday night.

I'm a Gold medallion member on Delta now and it looks like it's going to be a Platinum year so it's nice to know that there are days when everything works.

Oh, and Delta, thanks again for never putting me on a plane that chose to land in a river!





No comments: