Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Don't See Bleak

Delta CEO - Demand Bleak Call me crazy, but since I fly Delta more than I drive my own car, I have an opinion here. I am NOT seeing reduced demand between Orlando and Atlanta or Atlanta and Greensboro, my current back and forth. Delta has reduced the size of their planes some (some 757 vs. 767's) into Orlando but even then, the flights are overbooked, sometimes by as many as 40 people. Yesterday I flew home on a fully loaded, stuffed to the gills, place children in the overhead 767-400.

The 5:30am flight to Atlanta is full. All of the evening flights back to Orlando are full and my Greensboro flights are averaging about 90% full. An heaven knows I don't get a seat at the Atlanta Airport Chili's any faster than I used to.

My friends who fly back and forth from Tampa tell me same thing and getting in or out of Greensboro at the last minute is still a $1,000 ticket because you get the last seat on the plane.

I'd sure like to know where the demand softness is because it sure doesn't seem to be in the south.

No comments: