Thursday, June 17, 2010

Medical Chick-fil-A

My sister-in-law is battling ovarian cancer. My wife is headed out today to be with her through her chemo treatments. Every time my wife goes out to do this, my sister-in-law wants one thing…medical marijuana you ask? nooooo…Chick-fil-A. As a certified Chick-fil-A addict who managed to work at one in high school I appreciate a good Chick-fil-A sandwich. I’ll get excited over nuggets and Chick-fil-A sauce but I never thought of Chick-fil-A as a cancer treatment. So now I’m worried.

Will Chick-fil-A become a controlled substance? Will I have to wrap to my own Chick-fil-A like I did in high school? Will those little foil wrappers become the next dime bag? I don’t want to go hang out in dingy clubs just to get a hit of nuggets and Chick-fil-A sauce. At a hit of Chick-fil-A doesn’t give me the munchies but it is pretty addictive.
Hopefully all of that won’t happen. In a perfect world, my sister-in-law’s cancer is cured and the miracle powers of Chick-fil-A remain a dark voodoo passed from one cancer survivor to the other. Heaven knows the medical profession would try to screw it up by removing the pickles or opening the restaurants on Sunday.

We know that chicken has special medical powers. You can see that in chicken soup. I just didn’t realize those powers had spread to the whole Chick-fil-A line.

No comments: