Monday, August 29, 2005

Ice Hunt - Blah

If you visit the website (instead of just reading the RSS feed) you'll see that I've added a section titled, "What I'm Reading". I just finished James Rollins' Ice Hunt. It's Ok. Lots of implausible situations. I had to work to get through the book and that's not how it normally works for me. I gave it 3 stars out of 5 (Its OK) on Amazon. Up next is Neal Boortz's the Fair Tax Book. This should be interesting.

Most tax plans fail to take into account definitions. What is income? or in Neal's consumption tax, what is a "purchase". There are all kinds of complex transactions that defy simple categorization, leases are an easy example that causes problems but reciprocal transactions, sale/leasebacks, passthroughs, and subsidiary transactions all quickly come to mind as well. We'll how Neal deals with it all.

No comments: