Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Q1 is a Podcasting Machine

I've now recorded 2 podcasts for my DynamicAccounting.net website. (It's about accounting software, I know, you don't care). The Samsung Q1 has been fabulous. I simply plug in the Samson Q1U USB external microphone, start Audacity and I'm ready to do interviews. It's a light rig with lots of hard drive space for recording. When I'm done, I edit the recordings right on the Q1, add intro and exit music, convert to MP3 and upload the finished product.

The editing experience has been much better than I anticipated and so far it's working really well. When I got the microphone, I was hoping it everything would fall in place and it has perfectly. If you're doing live interviews, this is a great way to go. It would be back breaking with a normal laptop.

No comments: