Friday, July 27, 2007

Admitting You Have a Problem...

AOL, long know as a fount of truthfulness, unless of course you've ever tried to cancel an account, has new survey results out about email addiction.

Those of us here in Orlando made the top 10 at number 8. We join such fine cities as Washington D.C. at number one followed by Atlanta, New York, San Francisco and Houston to round out the top five. Orlando did beat out Miami (#10) for the top spot in Florida.

My question is, why do people think that this is a problem? I emailed everyone I know and 80% of the 43% who sleep with their email devices and 72% of the 46.5% with multiple email accounts who check them all 4.6 times an hour feel that lots of email is fine. 

Don't give up hope Orlando, next year we can be number 1!  I'll email you with a plan.

(Thanks to Dwight Silverman of the Houston Chronicle both for pointing out this survey and NOT emailing it to me.)

No comments: