Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tag I'm It

Execupundit tagged me to reveal 8 random things about myself.

  1. My only "C" in elementary school was in penmanship. My daughter uses this against me. I keep explaining that penmanship is not genetic. She continues to trot out my old report card every time she gets a poor penmanship grade. Thanks a lot mom.
  2. I torture my children with deep philosophical questions like: If people yell duck when an object is coming at them, do ducks yell people? It keeps them sharp. PEOPLE! er... DUCK!
  3. The older I get the broader my musical taste. I now have both Screamo (Underoath) and Country (Carrie Underwood) on my MP3 player. They're fun to listen to back to back. Sort of like a redneck on speed.
  4. My first car was a 1972 Mustang with the 351 Cleveland engine. Fabulously fast in a straight line. Turning caused all kinds of problems, including pouring ice cold A/C condensation on a date's foot. 
    My current car: a Lincoln LS V8 
    My next car: a Mini Cooper S

  5. Some of my friends are Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, John Grisham, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Their books that is, I don't actually know any of the authors.
  6. I'm adopted. I was a whopping week old and I have a fabulous set of parents so it's never bothered me much. If you're out there and you gave up a boy for adoption, rest easy, he turned out ok.
  7. I found graduate school to be much more interesting than undergrad work. All the work was relevant and everyone wanted to be there. It created real competition and it left me with a constant desire to learn. For example, I never really knew how water towers worked so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Yes kids, I learned something over the summer. It can be done and it doesn't hurt.
  8. I have strong family roots, much of it stemming from a grandfather who never went to school beyond the 6th grade. He was however smart enough let Christ pull him away from an abusive family history,  mob ties and bootlegging into wonderful life where he proved what a difference one man can make. And he made a difference in all of us.

So now it's my turn to tag Bill Johnson, Mark Horstman, Michael Auzenne,  and ctitanic.

No comments: