- I want a male or neutral name. My wife is jealous enough of the time this device gets. The last thing I need is to give it a female name and hear a bunch of "other woman" cracks.
- My kids have suggested "Bob" a hundred times. I will not name it Bob. They can't come up with a reason and it doesn't look like a Bob. I don't want this thing to ever bob or float or anything like that.
- There should be some infinite shred of reason behind the name. It doesn't have to be much.
Here's my first 3 suggestions:
- Desmond - Desmond Llewelyn played Q, the gadget man, in most of the Bond movies. It's fitting, but awkward.
- Steve - From Over the Hedge, "Steve" is what they call the hedge because they don't know what it is. Most people don't know what a Q1 is either.
- Tony - My grandfather gave me my first computer, a Commodore 64. His name was Tony.
Leave a comment on the blog with your suggestions and I'll pick a winner. Sorry, no prize, just the joy of being right.